Friday, March 27, 2015

Noli Timere

Tribute to my father.

A typical pop song. Begins
a couple of seconds
in the car, a diesel car. How old!
But melody so beautiful, transpiring
notes in the air; but

he only has few hundreds in his
jacket, not enough to even give
himself the clothes he needs.
The life he wants.

Those days, I am not hungry,
not when I hung onto the
fluffy, plump ball of skin boxed
with warmth, and

in there I found my dad, a
reticent, caring, positive figure
for me to learn.

Noli timere, he says
while pointing to the distant buildings
where he works at, to assure me that
the magic of life will take me

to the castle in the sky, the blue, blue expanse of dreams.

Now I live without his embrace. Not in castle in the sky.
But I see the truth to the phrase. Noli timere,

ego sum fortissimus vita.

No comments:

Post a Comment